Hey everyone! Hope the holidays and new year were good for you all!
Real life: Christmas and New years were great for the most part. I still have Christmas with my dad and step mom to do, which will happen over the weekend. Hoping that will go smoothly, as my dad has a lot of medical and legal issues going on right now.
Work is still pretty good for hours, though some of our clients are just now starting to go south for the winter, so my hours might start to drop here shortly. At least they were good for the holidays so I could get people the things I wanted to. And my bonus was over $100, plus chocolate XD
Since it's the new year, I'm doing my annual purge. I'm about halfway done with the amount of sites, but the amount of actual work that's done is about 25%. Just cleaned up my DA gallery, so I apologize if something you liked went away. Updated my ACP, working on CosCom, cleaned up YouTube and doing the heavy work on DA and FB. If I work diligently at all available times, I could have this done by next week.
Looking back at my entry last January, I met 4 out of my 5 resolutions. I retired FF7 Aerith and it felt nice to just let her go. Still some ones I'd like to drop, but can't just yet. I have obtained a MUCH better relationship with my girlfriend and I often feel like I'm floating on Cloud 9. We're attempting to start a life together and it's exciting and terrifying for me at the same time. I did lose some weight. I started the year at 274 and ended at 257. Any loss is an achievement, so I'm stoked! Some people have recently made me feel like they think I'm leaving it up to chance if my weight goes down, but I don't think they understand that I am actively trying to do things to help, though the hormone issues make that hard. And I went to the doctor to get that looked at. They believe I have PCOS, which would definitely explain all the issues I've had since high school and the potential for hidden ones (like infertility). So here's my resolutions for this year:
1: Lose more weight. I'm happy with anything I can get, but I looked my best in recent years at 232 (the lowest I have ever been able to get since the PCOS kicked in). That was around what I was when I first started dating my girlfriend, so it would be nice to get back to that.
2: More cosplay clean up. I'd like to run through my cosplays and get rid of the ones I really want to, but require certain events to happen first. This is mainly Elena, but we'll see what the year brings.
3. Get my first tattoo! I have been ACHING for this for some time and it just hasn't been able to happen. Quotes put what I want at about $80, so it's a very feasible thing to get.
4. Start actively working on cosplay skit stuff. I've been participating in music videos, so it's just the tip of the iceberg. I have two skits planned in upcoming years for competitions, so I need to get my butt in gear.
5. Do more jewelry work. I've been wanting to start commissions, but it's not gonna happen if I don't work on the craft in the first place. I've got some projects I'm working on for some people free of charge while I improve. Once I feel good about my skill level, I will slowly open commissions.
6. Start saving for moving. My secret Detour cosplay is going to be my last expensive cosplay prior to the move. After that, I'll slowly save up for that big day while my girlfriend saves for the move and a car. Once we set a plan in place is when I will finally get a bank account and store it there ^.^
7. DRAW!!! I haven't finished ANYTHING in 2014 and barely even started anything either. If I could at least crank out the cover for Trial & Error, that would be amazeballs ><;
Geekdom: Tiger & Bunny, as usual. I found the second season of Lagrange at my library today, so I'm excited to watch that. And Harvest Moon feels are so all over the place since I got two games for Christmas. Slowly pulling people into my crazy little world for this franchise ><;
Cons: My circuit is all set up, as I'm super cutting down to be able to better save my money for the move - Anime Detour, Geek.Kon and Daisho Con. Detour I am pre-regged for (since you need to be to be able to submit panels and get a room). Also got a room with my girlfriend for the con, so that will be nice to have a place to escape from people when we need it and not have to worry about drunkenly keeping people awake XP Daisho is up in the air only because I have ulterior motives for going; guests and GF. If the guests are good but she's not going, it might be the only con I do without her. If for some reason I get shafted for getting to Geek.Kon, Furry Migration will replace it. I can't do both as they are too close together.
Cosplay: At this current moment in time, I have 8 cosplays I might be debuting this year: 2 secrets, Mako (school uniform), Seishun, Wanda, Kevin (work uniform), Makoto (school uniform) and Yamato. though, of course, this is ready to change at a pin drop, since my FOP group is, essentially, ignoring me when I ask about Wanda, one of my secret cosplays has some hard stuff to find, Mako is dependent on my Detour schedule and Sereno debuting Ryuko and Seishun might not be finished by the debut con. I'm likely to totally drop Wanda if this no communication crap keeps up. Otherwise just slowly upgrading old cosplays that need it, like Leon and Toboe.
Art: Since it's the new year, I'll be doing my recap video after I catch up on my sites. And since it might take me some time, the video will likely be late T_T Still editing Wishful Thinking, really wanting to do that cover for Trial & Error, even more wanting to write that Ben 10 fanfic, and thinking I might start back up some older fanfics because I'm tired of waiting on peoples' help for those. It's like I'm slowly learning that I can only trust myself with this kind of stuff.